Jan 14, 2010

Hairy legs

The cold got worse and I woke up feeling particularly groggy, with huge bags under my eyes and barely able to breathe for all that is clogging my sinuses. Decided to stay at home and baby myself, under the pretext that my virus would otherwise spread among my colleagues. Unfortunately, the theraflu doesn't seem to be helping much, or maybe it's just that my cold is particularly bad. My hearing has gone almost completely.


I'm supposed to be attending a contemporary dance class today, but not sure I will go. Nor do I imagine I'll be going to the after hour drinks in honor of a major conference deadline that takes place today and tends to keep about 10,000 management professors and doctoral students on their toes and sleepless throughout Dec/Jan.


On a plus note, for the first time in about 20 years I was able to shave my legs in the shower and actually see what I was doing. The benefit is that I managed to get rid of all the hairs in one go, rather than guess where there might be some left and find hairs sporadically located across my shins when I put my glasses on after I'd dried myself off. I do love my new eyes. 


For those of you who are wondering why I only seem to shave my legs once every 2 weeks, here are three reasons: (i) I don't have that much hair, (ii) it's the middle of winter and no one sees the hair, plus it might help to keep me a teeny bit warmer, (iii) I'm European and we don't freak out about natural bits of fluff like most North Americans.



No comments:

Post a Comment