Apr 17, 2010

A cloud of ash ...

is hanging over Europe. And it's throwing a spanner in the works for a lot of people's travel plans. I've been watching it closely for several days now as in a few days, hubby and I are supposed to be flying to the other side of the world via Europe. 

At the moment, things are very much up in the air, so to speak. It's uncertain whether our flight will be cancelled. If it is, we could go the other way around the world to our destination, but who knows whether they'll be any seats left by then ... it's a gamble. 

Right now, it's a waiting game.

1 comment:

  1. You're a brave soul. I would have bagged the trip given all of the aiport closures. I've been stuck in enough international airports for 20hour+ time periods that I'd opt to stay home. Are you going to Singapore for business or pleasure? Didn't you do some schooling there?

    My folks lived in Singapore in the late 90's and I made it back to visit them a couple different times. Last time I was there we opted for a side trip to Bali - now that was heavenly.

    Good luck and safe travels!