Jul 3, 2010

Football and Vegas

Time flies when you're having fun, and it sure did in Vegas. I visited friends for a few days and we spent the majority of our time avoiding the heat and doing Vegas-y type things that weren't on the strip. All in all, it was for a lovely trip, made all the better for the high energy of a seven-year old who thought I was the best playmate ever. We made tents, sailed boats, swam like fish, danced through misters that spray you all over Vegas, saw sharks, octopi, dolphins, tigers ... you name it, it was on the agenda. 


I even go to see Hoover Dam this time (missed it last time). And immediately felt sorry for suggesting it to my friends as we spend a good 2 hours in traffic getting there, and then I couldn't even bring myself to look over the edge. The pics were a point-over-the-edge-and-shoot-without-looking. But they turned out alright. 


That was a hot day. Some 44C. Needless to say all of us were glad to find the ice cream shop afterwards and hang out in the air-conditioned gift shop. 


Amidst it all, Holland won and kept winning. I duly wore my orange shirt as a night-shirt and it seemed to have done the trick. Most exciting, of course, so far is yesterday's win against Brazil. I have strong reservations about Holland winning the entire thing, but at least they beat Brazil, and that's no small matter. We'll see how the rest turns out. Not good for my heart or my nerves, of course, all this vuvuzela-ing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment